This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4239 / 51°25'25"N
Longitude: -2.4585 / 2°27'30"W
OS Eastings: 368213
OS Northings: 169529
OS Grid: ST682695
Mapcode National: GBR JX.PG9M
Mapcode Global: VH88X.BGMT
Entry Name: The Cottage
Listing Date: 15 July 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319782
English Heritage Legacy ID: 28541
Location: Bitton, South Gloucestershire, BS30
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Bitton
Built-Up Area: Bitton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Warmley Syston and Bitton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5118 BITTON CHURCH LANE
ST 6869 15/117 (The Cottage)
Dated 1834. Irregular plan. Free Tudor-Gothic style which characteries
Church Lane. Mostly built in coursed lias rubble (with some pennant stone
mixed in). Slate roofs with cusped and scalloped bargeboards to gables,
octagonal chimney shafts (some missing). Main part, facing north, is 2
storeys, 3 bays, the centre and projecting wing, with 3-light mullion window
with drip and moulded heads in gable (patterned cast-iron glazing). Entrance
in inwards face under Tudor arch with relieving arch over and blind panel,
battened door, single light Tudor arch window to left with patterned glazing.
Gabled crosswing to west linked by wall with modillion cornice and moulded
capping, end gable has date carved in chimney breast, one window each side.
South front 3 bays, 2-light Tudor arch casements with patterned glazing,
relieving arches on 1st floor, drips on ground floor. Single storey gabled
extension to left.
Listing NGR: ST6821369529
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings