History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fillongley Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Fillongley, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4971 / 52°29'49"N

Longitude: -1.5932 / 1°35'35"W

OS Eastings: 427714

OS Northings: 288880

OS Grid: SP277888

Mapcode National: GBR 5JM.D19

Mapcode Global: VHBWJ.BHLK

Entry Name: Fillongley Lodge

Listing Date: 30 July 1975

Last Amended: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1319912

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308957

Location: Fillongley, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV7

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Fillongley

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Fillongley St Mary and All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Shustoke

Listing Text

FILLONGLEY TAMWORTH ROAD
SP28NE (North side)
6/52 Fillongley Lodge
30/07/75
- II
Small country house. c.1830 incorporating an earlier house. Brick, stuccoed. Low
pitch roof concealed by balustraded parapet, restored, surmounted by urns with
moulded main cornice. At the rear the roofs are steeply pitched plain-tiled
gables, one with a timber bellcote with weathervane. Ashlar chimney stacks with
entablature. Irregular L-plan. 2 storeys. Principal elevation of 5-window range
with channelled rustication at ground floor, band between storeys, and slightly
projecting centre bay. 12-pane hung sashes with first floor window of centre in
raised and shouldered surround. Roman Doric tetrastyle portico under dwarf
parapet with pierced centre panel of 5 circles. C20 double doors in original
opening. 2, C20 metal frame, casements and 2 blind window openings with raised
and fielded panels of stucco. The south front has a 2-storey garden wing with
later horned hung sashes without glazing bars. Interior: Cast iron open-well and
open-string staircase with mahogany rail and winder. White marble fireplace with
central panel of St. George and Dragon. Deeds contain references to a mansion in
c.1830 and a plan on a deed of 1853 shows a house of similar plan to the present
building. The house was probably built c.1830 for A.A. Vaughton Esq.


Listing NGR: SP2771488880

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.