This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3433 / 51°20'35"N
Longitude: -2.349 / 2°20'56"W
OS Eastings: 375784
OS Northings: 160525
OS Grid: ST757605
Mapcode National: GBR 0QX.LY9
Mapcode Global: VH96T.7HHL
Entry Name: Former Aqueduct over Cam Brook at Ngr St 75784 60525
Listing Date: 19 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1320472
English Heritage Legacy ID: 32400
Location: Southstoke, Bath and North East Somerset, BA2
County: Bath and North East Somerset
Civil Parish: Wellow
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 76 SE
Former aqueduct over Cam Brook at NGR ST 75784 60525
Aqueduct, now a bridge, over Cam Brook. Dated "1803", for Somersetshire Canal
Company. Surveyor, William Smith, "the Father of British Geology", under the
supervision of John Rennie. The engineer was William Bennet. Ashlar. 2 low
segmental arches. Chanelled pilasters, moulded projecting cornice and parapets.
Inscribed panel on north-west side is now illegible. (In poor state of repair).
Originally an aqueduct which joined the Cam/Radstock Branch of the canal, by
means of a basin and an incline to the Wellow (south) branch.
The asset was previously listed twice also at List entry 1232502. This entry was removed from the List on 10th July 2015.
Listing NGR: ST7578460525
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings