History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in High Littleton, Bath and North East Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3199 / 51°19'11"N

Longitude: -2.5101 / 2°30'36"W

OS Eastings: 364545

OS Northings: 157986

OS Grid: ST645579

Mapcode National: GBR JV.X19B

Mapcode Global: VH89G.F3V0

Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 21 September 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1320760

English Heritage Legacy ID: 32816

Location: High Littleton, Bath and North East Somerset, BS39

County: Bath and North East Somerset

Civil Parish: High Littleton

Built-Up Area: High Littleton

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Timsbury

Listing Text

ST 65 NW HIGH LITTLETON HIGH STREET (east side)

6/76 Church of Holy Trinity
21.9.60
II

Anglican parish church. C15 west tower, remainder of 1884-8 by Wilson and Wilcox
of Bath. Squared and coursed rubble, stone dressings to tower, finely dressed,
squared and coursed freestone to remainder. Slate roofs. Nave, chancel, west
tower, north and south aisles, north porch. The main body of the church is crude
neo-Perpendicular with 2 cusped light windows with pointed heads. Tower of
3 stages with diagonal buttresses, polygonal north east corner stair turret, blind
parapet and corner pinnacles. West facade with C19 2-light Perpendicular style
window to 1st stage, 2nd stage blank, 2 cusped light openings to bell stage under
pointed head and hoodmould. Other faces blank. Interior. 4 bay nave arcades
with Purbeck shafted piers and moulded pointed arches. Hammerbeam roof with
angel corbels. Open rafter roofs in chancel and aisles. Fittings. George II
gilded and coloured wooden coat of arms above tower arch. Complete late C19
fittings including stained glass, pulpit, font and reredos. (Pevsner, Buildings
of England : North Somerset and Bristol, 1958).


Listing NGR: ST6454557986

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.