This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3615 / 51°21'41"N
Longitude: -2.7638 / 2°45'49"W
OS Eastings: 346915
OS Northings: 162765
OS Grid: ST469627
Mapcode National: GBR JH.THHV
Mapcode Global: VH894.11QM
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 9 February 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1320920
English Heritage Legacy ID: 34003
Location: Wrington, North Somerset, BS40
County: North Somerset
Civil Parish: Wrington
Built-Up Area: Wrington
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 46 SE WRINGTON C.P. BROAD STREET (south side)
5/137 The Old Rectory
Former Rectory, now detached house. C17 core with c.1710 addition reduced in
height by 1 storey in the 1950s. Random rubble with dressed stone openings and
flush rusticated stone quoins, pantile roof to c.1710 block, triple Roman tiles
to C17 range. L-shaped plan with C17 core range to right hand and c.1710 block
to left-hand. 2-storey, 5-window north front. All windows are 12-pane sashes,
those to ground floor under segmental-headed flush relieving arches. Central
doorway with moulded and eared architrave, bolection frieze and a broken segmental
pediment on carved consoles; 6-panel door. Moulded plinth course, 1st floor
string course and bracketted eaves to hipped roof. 2 stone stacks and further
stone stack to C17 range. Interior. Early C18 staircase with barley sugar
balusters and 3 fine C18 chimney pieces in Dining Room, Drawing Room and Library.
Tudor-arched doorway between c.1710 block and C17 wing, also a C17 ovolo-moulded
opening, originally an east end window.
Listing NGR: ST4691562765
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings