This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.655 / 51°39'18"N
Longitude: -2.5076 / 2°30'27"W
OS Eastings: 364978
OS Northings: 195256
OS Grid: ST649952
Mapcode National: GBR JV.6V8Q
Mapcode Global: VH87Q.HN5M
Entry Name: Hill Court
Listing Date: 21 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1321076
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35224
Location: Hill, South Gloucestershire, GL13
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Hill
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Hill St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 69 NW HILL
21.10.52 Hill Court
House. 1863-4 with late C20 single storey extension. Rendered brick, ashlar
porch, stone dressings, hipped slate roof. Classical style. 2 storeys and
6 windows, all 4-pane sashes with cills in plain reveal, central 2 bays broken
forward with tetrastyle Doric porch with cornice and parapet and ribbed panelled
ceiling, pediment above, central round-headed opening for panelled and glass
double door, plain fanlight, round-headed sash to each side, ground floor has
canted bay to each side of porch with cornice and parapet, plinth, band course,
cornice to eaves. South side has 3 windows as on front, central panelled and
glass door with transom and side lights, flat hood on brackets and transom light
over, canted bay to each side, north side has 5 windows, 2 to ground right
blind, 2 to 1st floor right blocked behind dummy windows, 2 to 1st floor left
have flat mullions, central Ionic porch with cornice and parapet, 4 panelled
door with transom and side lights, rear has 2 sashes as on front at ground and
1st floor left, single storey extension with pitched roof, 10-light stained
glass window and single light at 1st floor. Interior: plain stair with
wreathed handrail, panelling, in the hall a fine wooden Renaissance chimneypiece,
carved and gilt, with central panel representing Diana reclining on a couch with
stag and hounds nearby, emblematic carvings with heraldry indicating date c.1631.
(Sources: Verey, D. : Buildings of England, Gloucestershire : The Vale and The
Forest of Dean, 1970).
Listing NGR: ST6497895256
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings