This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1929 / 52°11'34"N
Longitude: -0.5113 / 0°30'40"W
OS Eastings: 501858
OS Northings: 256002
OS Grid: TL018560
Mapcode National: GBR G1B.HK1
Mapcode Global: VHFQ1.342S
Entry Name: Home Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1321518
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37030
Location: Milton Ernest, Bedford, MK44
Civil Parish: Milton Ernest
Built-Up Area: Milton Ernest
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Milton Ernest
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
MILTON ERNEST RUSHDEN ROAD
23/260 Home Farmhouse
Farmhouse of late C16 or C17 origins, renovated in 1730s (datestone on street
gable end), altered and extended by Sir Albert Richardson. Coursed limestone
rubble, old clay tile roof. 2 storeys and attics. Original building L-plan;
main wing parallel to road has tall broad slim ridge stack in red brick for
back-to-back hearth, gable wing added towards road at north east end.
Richardson's work involved the further extension of this north-eastwards and
the provision of an elevated first floor balcony entrance, with staircase on
the south-west front; also a large square flat-roofed bay. Windows mostly
modernised, 2 and 3-light casements, some on garden front having mullion and
transoms: leaded lights. Three hipped dormers.
Listing NGR: TL0185856002
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings