This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5613 / 51°33'40"N
Longitude: 0.7384 / 0°44'18"E
OS Eastings: 589910
OS Northings: 188268
OS Grid: TQ899882
Mapcode National: GBR YD7.FH
Mapcode Global: VHKHM.R07X
Entry Name: 2 Adjacent Head and Foot Stones, Shopland Churchyard
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1321992
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123290
Location: Sutton, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Sutton
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
SUTTON OFF SHOPLAND ROAD
TQ 88 NE
11/317 2 adjacent Head and
Foot stones, Shopland
2 adjacent head and foot stones. 29 December 1718 Peter Lodwick and 1727 Peter
Lodwick and his wife Margaret, both with scrolled sides and heads and central
foliate scrolls. The footstones inscribed PL 1718 and PL 1727 respectively.
Shopland Church was demolished C20.
Listing NGR: TQ8991088268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings