This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5872 / 51°35'14"N
Longitude: -0.2733 / 0°16'23"W
OS Eastings: 519721
OS Northings: 189011
OS Grid: TQ197890
Mapcode National: GBR 8L.MRH
Mapcode Global: VHGQJ.6CWK
Entry Name: Kingsbury Manor
Listing Date: 28 September 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322047
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477708
Location: Brent, London, NW9
Electoral Ward/Division: Queensbury
Built-Up Area: Brent
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Holy Innocents Kingsbury
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 18 NE KINGSBURY ROAD
House, converted to offices late C20. 1899 by W. West Neve for Mary Blair, Duchess of Sutherland. Red brick cavity wall in stretcher bond with applied half timbering to first floor; machine tile roofs. Arts and Crafts style.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and dormer attic. South front is 4-window range. Ground floor with one single-storey canted bay window right and left linked by continuous hipped roof with 2 square timber posts forming 3-bay open loggia between them. Posts of square section and with solid arched braces. Bay windows with 1 o-light transomed casements with leaded glazing. 4-panelled doorway off-set to west with brass hinges cast with irregular tendrils. Overlight and 2-light casement to right. One S-light mullioned window further right. Heavy scantling first-floor framing with middle rail forming sill band to 3 S-light leaded casements and one 2-light casement. Hipped roof with one central dormer under a shouldered gable with date in pargeting: AD 1899. Late C20 dormer casements. S irregularly-placed panelled stacks.
East return with central gabled porch, the roof carried on one pier and column either side. Glazed north and south sides above brickwork. S-panelled inner door, the upper 3 panels glazed. Elaborate brass hinges. External stack to left gabled back to main roof. One 3-light transomed casement to right, followed by a S-panelled door, the upper 3 panels glazed, and a hipped kitchen against north return. First floor lit through 2-,3-, and 4-light casements. Dormer with shouldered gable fitted with 4-light leaded casement.
West return with ground-floor loggia under hipped roof supported on 3 square timber posts with solid console brackets, and a S-light casement to right. External stack. First floor with applied studwork and one 4-light and one 2-light leaded casement. Dormer window with shouldered gable fitted with 6-light late C20 casement.
North return with rendered and whitewashed first floor and scattered casements of varying lights.
INTERIOR: south entrance leads to staircase hall. Fireplace with projecting side screens panelled in 2 tiers. Fire cheeks and overmantel tiled with C18 and C19 coloured Dutch tiles. Ceiling and underside of staircase with low relief plaster geometric patterns. Dado panelling.
Open-well staircase separated from entrance hall by arched panelled screen. Arched and square panelling to side walls with entactic pilasters fluted at the top, developed into an open balcony at first-floor landing, the balcony glazed in late C20 to form an office reception area.
Ground-floor east room with 16 early C18 Dutch tiles with coats of arms of trading centres set into frieze behind 4 narrow columns. West room with low relief geometric plaster ceiling patterns and lugged plaster wall panels.
Internal mahogany doors with 4 vertical moulded panels and brass hinges with irregular tendril castings. First-floor bathroom with C18 and C19 Dutch tiles (mens' only).
Listing NGR: TQ1972189011
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings