This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5675 / 51°34'3"N
Longitude: -0.1826 / 0°10'57"W
OS Eastings: 526061
OS Northings: 186972
OS Grid: TQ260869
Mapcode National: GBR CZ.SS0
Mapcode Global: VHGQK.SVBP
Entry Name: The Old Bull and Bush Public House
Listing Date: 14 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322071
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477636
Location: Camden, London, NW3
Electoral Ward/Division: Hampstead Town
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Christ Church Hampstead
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2686NW NORTH END WAY
798-1/8/1230 (East side)
14/05/74 The Old Bull and Bush Public House
Public house. Reputedly built as a farm c1645, licenced 1721,
rebuilt with modern extensions 1923-24 in similar style to the
old: this included the rebuilding of the ground-floor bay
windows and Venetian window originally on the ground floor.
Additions 1970s by Roderick Gradidge. Brown brick with hipped
slated roof having brick modillion eaves cornice and tall slab
stacks with blind arches.
2 storeys and cellars. Slightly projecting centre of 3
windows, 2 windows to each flanking extension. Round-arched
entrances in outer bays with wooden doorframes, shaped
brackets supporting hoods, fanlights and part-glazed doors;
keyed oculus to each penultimate bay. Ground floor centre with
2 canted bay windows. Upper floor with gauged red brick flat
arches to slightly recessed sashes with exposed boxing; centre
window round-arched with radial pattern to head. Facade centre
with parapet rising above eaves, segmental-arched in centre
with statues of sphinx at either end.
INTERIOR: retains old features, and good inter-war fittings.
Frequented by the painters Hogarth, Gainsborough, Reynolds and
Listing NGR: TQ2606186972
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings