This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5219 / 51°31'18"N
Longitude: -0.1158 / 0°6'56"W
OS Eastings: 530818
OS Northings: 182014
OS Grid: TQ308820
Mapcode National: GBR L8.4M
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.Y04M
Entry Name: 13, Northington Street
Listing Date: 11 January 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477643
Location: Camden, London, WC1N
Electoral Ward/Division: Holborn and Covent Garden
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George Queen Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ3082SE JOHN'S MEWS
See under: No.13 NORTHINGTON STREET.
TQ3082SE NORTHINGTON STREET
798-1/96/1238 (South side)
Includes: No.25 JOHN'S MEWS.
Brewery stables, now offices and workshop. Dated 1903. Built
for Henry Finch; altered internally late C20. Red brick with
stone quoins and dressings.
2 storeys. Main facade to Northington Street has 5 windows; 5
window right hand return with vehicle entrance. Ground floor
to left has paired elliptical arched vehicle entrances with
keystones and cornices to pillars. To right, a flat arched
doorway, a vehicle entrance and then 3 segmental-arched
windows, that nearest the vehicle entrance being half-size.
Projecting moulded brick cornice at 1st floor and parapet
level; 1st floor casements set in stone surrounds forming
strips. Deep parapet of segmental-headed sections flanked by
tall tapering brick chimneys supported by stone consoles to
front and sides and having stone cornices. Angles have smaller
stone tapering chimneys on dies.
INTERIORS retain some original features.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: quoin to Northington Street inscribed
"These premises were erected by Henry Finch Esq., JP in AD
1903"; on the return "and this stone laid by H. Finch Rober
August 10th 1903"
Listing NGR: TQ3081682010
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings