This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8888 / 51°53'19"N
Longitude: 0.4146 / 0°24'52"E
OS Eastings: 566260
OS Northings: 223888
OS Grid: TL662238
Mapcode National: GBR NG6.HMJ
Mapcode Global: VHJJ8.4SJG
Entry Name: Parsonage Farmhouse
Listing Date: 7 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322281
English Heritage Legacy ID: 122750
Location: Stebbing, Uttlesford, Essex, CM6
Civil Parish: Stebbing
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stebbing St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 62 SE STEBBING CHURCH END
4/313 Parsonage Farmhouse
House circa 1400. Hall and crosswing with later additions and alterations.
C20 alterations incorporating a 3 bay late-C15 building at rear with soot
encrusted crown post roof. Exposed timber framed with plaster infill. Red
plain tile roof, dropped to right and hipped and dropped to left. Left return
with gabled dormer and red tiled roof to first floor porch. The central third
storey is red hanging tile clad. Jetty to first floor. 3 storeys and cellar.
4 window range to ground floor, fine range to first floor, 4 range to second
floor. All of various lights with transomes and diamond leaded. Nailed plank
and muntin door. Red brick chimney stacks to right and left. About c1490 a red
brick chimney stack was added to the circa 1400 hall and crosswing, the
crosswing roof was raised and a rear staircase turret and brick lined cellar
added. In c1600 the hall was largely rebuilt with first floor long wall jetty,
a large red brick chimney and the staircase turret rebuilt. This new range was
1½ storeys high above the jetty. There have been alterations and additions
since. Jowled storey posts and fine C16 and C17 panelling and a C16 door remain
as do a fine late C15 fireplace and a C16 fireplace. The rear range is
apparently the original separate kitchen with floored single end. RCHM 8.
Listing NGR: TL6626023888
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings