This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5815 / 51°34'53"N
Longitude: 0.7073 / 0°42'26"E
OS Eastings: 587669
OS Northings: 190434
OS Grid: TQ876904
Mapcode National: GBR QNX.ZJW
Mapcode Global: VHKHF.6HRZ
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 27 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322407
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123238
Location: Rochford, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Rochford
Built-Up Area: Rochford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ROCHFORD SOUTH STREET
TQ 8790 SE
16/247 No. 15(The Red House)
House. C18 with later alterations. Red brick, large red plain tiled gambrel
roof. Right and left chimney stacks. 2 storeys and attics. 2 segmental headed
dormers. 5 window range of vertically sliding sashes with horns, segmental
heads. Central 2-panel 4-light door, reveals, moulded surround, capitals and
bases to fluted pilasters, triglyphs and metopes to frieze, dentilled pediment.
Gabled single storey extension to right with window as for house and gable to
right return, formerly a carriage house.
Listing NGR: TQ8768290475
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings