This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5829 / 51°34'58"N
Longitude: 0.7021 / 0°42'7"E
OS Eastings: 587307
OS Northings: 190572
OS Grid: TQ873905
Mapcode National: GBR QNX.QBL
Mapcode Global: VHKHF.4G1X
Entry Name: Lord Riches' Cottages
Listing Date: 15 April 1959
Last Amended: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322412
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123254
Location: Rochford, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Rochford
Built-Up Area: Rochford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ROCHFORD WEST STREET
14/263 Nos. 92-100 (even).
(Lord Riches' Cottages,
formerly 92-100 Church
Street (formerly listed
Row of almshouses. Founded 1567 by a bequest of Lord Rich of Leez Priory who
died at Rochford Hall 1566 and probably built late C16 early C17 by his grandson
the Earl of Warwick. C20 restorations. Red brick, red plain tiled roof with 2
forward gables to right and left of centre. 3 red brick chimney stacks with
small buttresses to bases. Single storey. 3:1:3:1:3 one or 3-light C20 small
paned casements. 6 C20 vertically boarded doors, one to left and right of each
gable and left and right of main block. Each gable apex with a small plaque,
that to left reads "Lord Ryches Cottages" to right "AD 1576".
Listing NGR: TQ8730790572
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings