History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bakehouse and Wash House 5 Metres West of Beaumont Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Beaumont-cum-Moze, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8808 / 51°52'50"N

Longitude: 1.1625 / 1°9'45"E

OS Eastings: 617760

OS Northings: 224978

OS Grid: TM177249

Mapcode National: GBR VRC.0Q5

Mapcode Global: VHLCL.3ZFK

Entry Name: Bakehouse and Wash House 5 Metres West of Beaumont Rectory

Listing Date: 29 April 1952

Last Amended: 30 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1322627

English Heritage Legacy ID: 120249

Location: Beaumont-cum-Moze, Tendring, Essex, CO16

County: Essex

District: Tendring

Civil Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Thorpe le Soken

Listing Text

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE CHAPEL ROAD
TM 12 SE (south side)

5/5 Bakehouse and wash-
29.4.52 house 5 metres west of
Beaumont Rectory,
formerly listed as
Outbuildings at
Beaumont Rectory

GV II

Bakehouse and wash-house. Circa 1800. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with
slate. Rectangular block facing E. One storey. 2 original doors with flat
brick arches in recessed semi-circular arches of gauged brick; 2 similar
recessed arches, one containing an altered window, the other blocked by a late
C19 lean-to. Hipped roof of shallow pitch with long overhanging eaves.
Similar recessed arch in right return, containing 3-light casement. Large bread
oven extending from the rear, with its own chimney within the building, and
later washboiler. The bakehouse contains an original solid wooden pump with
octagonal wooden spout, twisted wrought-iron stay, and iron handle, a rare
feature, with a stone sink.


Listing NGR: TM1776024978

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.