This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9405 / 50°56'25"N
Longitude: -2.4705 / 2°28'13"W
OS Eastings: 367038
OS Northings: 115781
OS Grid: ST670157
Mapcode National: GBR MW.P5WP
Mapcode Global: FRA 56QM.7CZ
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Catherine
Listing Date: 31 July 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1323888
English Heritage Legacy ID: 105590
Location: Haydon, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Haydon
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Folke St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 61 NE -
Parish Church of
6/50 St Catherine
Parish Church. Entirely rebuilt 1883, to the north of the old site.
Dressed stone walls. Clay-tile roofs with stone gable-copings. Stone
bell-cote gabled on the west gable. Cross on the east gable. Nave and
chancel in one. South elevation: two light window with trefoiled heads
and quatrefoil over; coupled lancets and single lancets. East window,
three grouped lancets with a trefoiled rear-arch. Doorway to nave has a
pointed-segmental arch, inner door has chamfered jambs. Plank door with
ornamental strap-hinges. Fittings: Piscina, in chancel, quatrefoil drain,
medieval, rest C19. Seating: in nave, 16 pews mostly with reeded and carved
bench-ends, C17 and later work.
Listing NGR: ST6703815781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings