This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.839 / 50°50'20"N
Longitude: -2.6051 / 2°36'18"W
OS Eastings: 357486
OS Northings: 104555
OS Grid: ST574045
Mapcode National: GBR MQ.WFSK
Mapcode Global: FRA 56FW.8X8
Entry Name: Rectory House
Listing Date: 11 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1323917
English Heritage Legacy ID: 105759
Location: Evershot, West Dorset, Dorset, DT2
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Evershot
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Evershot St Osmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
No. 2 (Rectory
Former Rectory, now private dwelling. Dated 1866, in cusped lozenge panel.
Dressed stone walls and ashlar stone quoins, with chamfered stone plinth. Slate
roof, with gable ends. Brick stack in behind ridge at left hand. 1 1/2 storeys.
3 windows, ovolo-moulded stone mullions with labels over ground floor and centre
first floor. Metal casements with rectangular leaded lights. Wide central bay
projects forward and is gabled. Four 3-light windows to ground floor. First
floor of 2, 3, and 2-lights, outer windows being gabled half-dormers. Front
door at centre, 6-panelled and with integral fanlight, C20. Two rear wings,
C19, with C20 infill in between.
Listing NGR: ST5748604555
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings