This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9468 / 50°56'48"N
Longitude: -2.5156 / 2°30'55"W
OS Eastings: 363877
OS Northings: 116500
OS Grid: ST638165
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NLGN
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.V35
Entry Name: Conservative Club (The Parade)
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1324353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 103928
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South West Side)
No 90 [Conservative Club]
ST 6316 1/216 28.11.50.
3 storey, 2 bay plastered front. C16 or early C17 origin, restored. Stone
plinth. 2nd floor oversails and has 2 4-light oak mullioned and transomed
windows. 1st floor has, two 5-light splayed oriels, left hand one resting
on new splayed stone bay at ground floor level. Modern entrance of stone
with 4-centred arch and 3-light window. Modern tiled roof. Interior has
enposed timber-framing and good re-set overmantel dated 1658.
No 88, The Conduit, No 90, Saints John Building form a group with Bow House,
The Cemetery Gate, The Abbey Gate House, No 2 including premises occupied
by Gilham Bros, No 3 including premises occupied by Gilham Bros, Church
Listing NGR: ST6386516513
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings