This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.721 / 50°43'15"N
Longitude: -1.8785 / 1°52'42"W
OS Eastings: 408674
OS Northings: 91274
OS Grid: SZ086912
Mapcode National: GBR X77.15
Mapcode Global: FRA 67Y5.Q02
Entry Name: The Presbytery
Listing Date: 1 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1324709
English Heritage Legacy ID: 101699
Location: Bournemouth, BH1
Civil Parish: Non Civil Parish
Unitary Authority Ward: Central
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Bournemouth Town Centre
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
1. ALBERT ROAD
5186 (South West Side)
SZ 0891 13/135 1.8.74.
Circa 1874, Henry Clutton for Society of Jesus. Long narrow single-aspect
block of buff brick with stone dressings, wholly attached along north side
to flank of Church of the Sacred Heart (see below), and thus almost wholly
lit by windows of imposing south front. 2 storeys to street (entrance), 3
to garden. Central staircase tourelle with conical spire, flanked symmetrically
on each side by a pair of broad 3-storey mullioned canted bay windows. Half-hipped
dormers set back behind parapet. West wing facing Post Office Road added circa
1920. Interiors plain, except iron handrail to staircase.
The Presbytery and Roman Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart form a group.
Listing NGR: SZ0867491274
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings