This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7287 / 50°43'43"N
Longitude: -1.849 / 1°50'56"W
OS Eastings: 410751
OS Northings: 92128
OS Grid: SZ107921
Mapcode National: GBR XC3.BS
Mapcode Global: FRA 7704.X2J
Entry Name: Four Gravestones in Churchyard of St Clement's of Clergy and Their Families
Listing Date: 27 February 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1324752
English Heritage Legacy ID: 101833
Location: Bournemouth, BH1
Unitary Authority Ward: Boscombe West
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Bournemouth St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
5186 ST CLEMENT'S ROAD
Four Gravestones in
Churchyard of St Clement's
of clergy and their
SZ l092 23/7B
3 small Arts and Crafts inscriptions in intricate Renaissance frames, all presumably
designed by J D Sedding: Rev G D Tinling (died 1880), copper plaque in white
stone frame, fixed to east wall of organ chamber, Rev Robert Sawfield (died 1889),
cross under gable, inscription flanked by panels of white foliage inlaid on black
background, Mrs C M Tinling (died 1876), pink sandstone cross under semi-circular
gable. Rev W Purton (died 1891) of similar type, probably by Henry Wilton: Crucifixion
between tapered pilasters carved with foliage, segmental pediment on dentil cornice.
Church of St Clement, with Churchyard Cross end Graves, Vicarage Walls, St Clement
School, Schoolhouse and No l2A, form a group.
Listing NGR: SZ1075192128
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings