This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8561 / 50°51'21"N
Longitude: -2.1642 / 2°9'51"W
OS Eastings: 388534
OS Northings: 106296
OS Grid: ST885062
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZG.CN1
Mapcode Global: FRA 66CT.STS
Entry Name: Pump House
Listing Date: 27 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1324829
English Heritage Legacy ID: 102213
Location: Blandford Forum, North Dorset, Dorset, DT11
District: North Dorset
Civil Parish: Blandford Forum
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Blandford Forum St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
865 MARKET PLACE
ST 8806 1/63 27.10.50.
Built against Churchyard wall. Dated 1760. An inscription explains that it
was erected by John Bastard in memory of the fire of 1731. It consists of a
pedimented canopy supported on Roman Doric columns, and is an example of the
Bastards' later and more severely classical style. The entablature has triglyphs
and other classical detail. Portland stone. In 1897 a fountain was substituted
for the pump.
All the listed buildings in Market Place, and Nos 59 to 73 (odd) East Street,
Conyer's Filling Station, Nos 1 to 7 (odd), Nos 2 to 8 (even) and No 12 West
Street, and Church of St Peter and St Paul form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8853406295
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings