This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4149 / 50°24'53"N
Longitude: -3.7206 / 3°43'14"W
OS Eastings: 277852
OS Northings: 58643
OS Grid: SX778586
Mapcode National: GBR QK.G9W1
Mapcode Global: FRA 373Y.LC4
Entry Name: Harvey Family Mausoluem About 5 Metres South South East of Church of St Andrews
Listing Date: 26 April 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1325043
English Heritage Legacy ID: 101315
Location: Harberton, South Hams, Devon, TQ9
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: Harberton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Harberton
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
14/411 H a r v e y family
Mausoleum about 5
metres SSE of Church
of St Andrews
Family mausoleum. Circa 1895 by Harry Hems and Sons (Sculptors) of Exeter.
White marble. Latin cross on stepped standing on a large square plinth
(mausoleum) with gothic arcaded panels to sides. On the east side a flight
of granite steps down to the mausoleum doorway which has bronze gates bearing
family arms and with panel above inscribed "The Family Tomb of Robert and
Alida Harvey of Dundridge".
Inside 3 tombs each with white marble recumbent figure on top of: Robert
(Tito) Harvey died 1895, Sir Robert Harvey died 1930 and Alida Lady Harvey
"All by the firm of Toft but of Italian workmanship" (Pevsner).
Source: Cherry and Pevsner, Buildings of England (1989), page 469.
Listing NGR: SX7785458644
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings