This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1866 / 51°11'11"N
Longitude: 0.7669 / 0°46'0"E
OS Eastings: 593460
OS Northings: 146683
OS Grid: TQ934466
Mapcode National: GBR RW5.GQS
Mapcode Global: VHKKD.7FTP
Entry Name: Ruins of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 14 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1329709
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181054
Location: Little Chart, Ashford, Kent, TN27
Civil Parish: Little Chart
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5272 LITTLE CHART PLUCKLEY ROAD
Ruins of Church of
TQ 94 NW 10/131 14.2.67.
The only remaining parts of this building (which consisted of a chancel with
north chapel, a nave with north aisle and a west tower, which was hit by a
flying bomb during the Second World and demolished) are the tower, which
was built by Sir John Darell about 1500; and part of the contemporary chancel.
Tower of ragstone in 2 stages. Double cinquefoil window.
Listing NGR: TQ9339046963
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings