This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.21 / 53°12'36"N
Longitude: -2.7938 / 2°47'37"W
OS Eastings: 347080
OS Northings: 368400
OS Grid: SJ470684
Mapcode National: GBR 7F.1ZTT
Mapcode Global: WH889.1KWZ
Entry Name: The East and West Cottages Attached to the Village Hall
Listing Date: 22 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1330245
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55454
Location: Barrow, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Barrow
Built-Up Area: Great Barrow
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Barrow St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 46 NE
BARROW C P
The East and West Cottages attached to the Village Hall.
Formerly farmhouse now 2 houses: dated 1718 with C20 alterations.
English garden wall bond orange brick, Welsh slate roof, and 1 ridge
brick chimney. 2-storey, 5-bay front. Brick band at 1st floor and
brick dentil cornice. Windows are 2-light wooden casements with
glazing bars. 2nd bay has a 2-storey gabled porch with an
elliptically-arched, brick head to a board door. Above is a
diamond-shaped plaque reading PJW (for Peter and Jane Newport) 1718.
Door in the 4th bay is a C20 insertion.
Interior: not inspected.
Almost identical to Long Green Farmhouse, Long Green, Barrow (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SJ 47080 68400
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings