This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7101 / 51°42'36"N
Longitude: -0.85 / 0°50'59"W
OS Eastings: 479555
OS Northings: 201890
OS Grid: SP795018
Mapcode National: GBR C2Q.MYD
Mapcode Global: VHDVQ.780V
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332059
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46505
Location: Bledlow-cum-Saunderton, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP27
Civil Parish: Bledlow-cum-Saunderton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Bledlow with Saunderton and Horsenden
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON CHURCH LANE
SP 70 SE
1/25 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. Rebuilt 1888-91, incorporating restored C14 windows
and doorways. Flint with stone dressings, tiled roofs, shingled bell-
tower, timber-framed porch. 2-bay nave with bell-tower set in W.
bay, 2-bay chancel, N. vestry, S. porch. 2-light traceried windows,
mostly with Y tracery, the nave with similar 3-light window to N. and
single cusped light over main W. window. C19 3-light traceried E. window;
pair of lights with 4-centred heads and Tudor hoodmould in S. wall of
chancel. Moulded S. doorway with carved head label stops; small
blocked N. doorway with chamfered arch and label; small blocked doorway
to S. of chancel. Bell-tower has louvred openings and pyramidal roof.
Interior: timber frame of bell-tower is probably C15 with crossed braces.
Cusped piscina. C19 roofs. Fittings: C12-C13 font, a smaller version of
the "Aylesbury" type with fluted bowl, carved foliage frieze, part of
cable moulding, and later base; screen incorporating medieval traceried
panels; small medieval floor tiles re-set in vestry; 2 C18-C19 painted
texts; C19 glass and other fittings. Small brass with half-figure of
Listing NGR: SP7955501890
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings