This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8517 / 51°51'6"N
Longitude: -1.0393 / 1°2'21"W
OS Eastings: 466266
OS Northings: 217446
OS Grid: SP662174
Mapcode National: GBR 9ZD.VD4
Mapcode Global: VHCXC.XQXC
Entry Name: Home Farmhouse
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Last Amended: 26 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332795
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42498
Location: Ludgershall, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Ludgershall
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ludgershall
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 61 NE LUDGERSHALL SALTER'S LANE
3/117 Home Farmhouse (formerly listed
as Kingham's Farmhouse)
House. Late C16-C17 L-plan house, altered, with small extension
dated DG 1738 at S.W. corner. C16-C17 building has timber frame with
brick infill, partly whitewashed, the cross wing to S. partly rebuilt
in brick. Parts of N. and W. sides have chamfered stone plinth, probably
re-used. Old tile roofs, that of N. wing continued down over outshot to
west and C19 extension to east. S. wing has flanking brick chimneys,
that to west external; N. gable has large chimney with grouped shafts
of thin brick and 'V' pilasters. 2 storeys - 2 storeys and attic, S. wing
of 2 bays. S. wing has paired leaded casements to first floor of gable
ends, C20 door to east, and S. front with C20 wooden casements to
ground floor and one older paired barred wooden casement above.
1738 extension is of red and vitreous brick with old tile roof, and brick
chimney to left. One storey and attic, one bay. C20 paired casement
to left of C20 door, gabled eaves-line dormer with older paired barred
wooden casement and date stone. Left side has remains of moulded brick
bracket. Interior: S. wing has stop-chamfered spine beam, one end on small
moulded bracket, and similar cambered lintel to fireplace.
RCHM I p. 251 Mon. 17.
Listing NGR: SP6626617446
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings