History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Hall school House

A Grade II Listed Building in Buckland, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8036 / 51°48'12"N

Longitude: -0.7157 / 0°42'56"W

OS Eastings: 488653

OS Northings: 212441

OS Grid: SP886124

Mapcode National: GBR D31.ZVD

Mapcode Global: VHDV6.KX0R

Entry Name: Church Hall school House

Listing Date: 11 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1332817

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42614

Location: Buckland, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Buckland

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Buckland

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Aston Clinton

Listing Text

SP 81 SE BUCKLAND BUCKLAND VILLAGE
west side

5/47 School House and Church Hall


GV II

House and Church Hall attached, formerly school with Masters House 1863
by George Devey for Edward Bonus, house extended 1877. Diaper pattern
brick with some limestone quoining, roughcast to house above 1st floor
window cills. Tiled roofs, gables with dentil verges. House on right,
2 storeys, projecting gable to LH, 3-light leaded casement to each
floor, lower with blue brick relieving arch. Projecting gabled porch
in centre with lattice panels to sides, door with heavy ornamental iron
hinges. 3-light leaded casement to RH with plaque over giving 1877 date
in Latin inscription. LH flank wall has large chimney stack with offsets
and 4 diagonal shafts. Small gabled dormer in angle over semicircular
headed entrance to Hall on LH buttress in angle below plaque
commemorating 1863 opening. 1 storey, gable in centre over 3-light stone
traceried and transomed window; chimney stack to LH with offsets and
single diagonal shaft. Each gable of hall has a 4 light stone traceried
window, rear elevation has central gable with similar 3-light window,
two 2-light stone mullioned windows to LH. All windows have diamond leaded
glazing. Interior of hall has open timbered roof with arched principles
on carved stone corbels.


Listing NGR: SP8865312441

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.