History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Michael and All Angels

A Grade II Listed Building in Halton, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7828 / 51°46'57"N

Longitude: -0.7338 / 0°44'1"W

OS Eastings: 487443

OS Northings: 210102

OS Grid: SP874101

Mapcode National: GBR D3F.19T

Mapcode Global: VHDVD.7GF5

Entry Name: Church of St Michael and All Angels

Listing Date: 21 December 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1332842

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42649

Location: Halton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Halton

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Halton

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Weston Turville

Listing Text

SP 81 SE HALTON HALTON VILLAGE
east side

5/79 Church of St. Michael and All
Angels
21.12.67

GV II

Parish Church. 1813 by Henry Rhodes, restored and remodelled 1886-7.
Built from squared blocks of sarsen or greyweather stone, probably from
near High Wycombe, the joints galletted with pieces of flint. Slate
roofs. Simple lancet style, W. tower, with diagonal W. buttresses, small
stair turret on S. side, door and 2-light window over on W. side, parapet
with broken coping, nave and aisles. S. porch and short chancel. Interior:
4 bay nave, pointed arches with dogtooth ornament on high cylindrical
piers with leaf ornament to capitals and square bases also ornamented.
Chancel arch on carved corbel heads, hoodmoulds with circular label stops;
roof with curved braces and pendants, cusped spandrels, on angel head corbels.
Chancel roof coffered and painted with enriched cornice and 3 bosses.
Small pointed arched niches each side of tripel lancet E. window. Brass
from former church reset on LH side of chancel. Organ in small W. gallery
over 3 arched wood screen. C19 marble font has square fluted bowl on spiral
stem and carved base.


Listing NGR: SP8744310102

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.