This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7644 / 51°45'51"N
Longitude: -0.9067 / 0°54'24"W
OS Eastings: 475546
OS Northings: 207862
OS Grid: SP755078
Mapcode National: GBR C21.CLC
Mapcode Global: VHDV9.7XJB
Entry Name: The Manor
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332899
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42951
Location: Aston Sandford, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Aston Sandford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Aston Sandford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NE ASTON SANDFORD ASTON SANDFORD
7/13 The Manor
Manor house. C16, C17, enlarged by Sir G.G. Scott in 1867. Original
house timber-framed with brick infill. Rubblestone C17/C18 refronting,
then Scott block in red brick with plum brick bands and stone
dressings. Old tile roofs. 2 storeys. Irregular south east front of
4 bays. 3 bay south west or garden front. South east front has
2 gabled right hand bays in rubblestone, left hand brick gable.
3-light casements with 2-light ground floor casement between. Timber
framing to side and rear with straight braces. Large stack to flank.
Scott bays have, to right bay, entrance with canted bay windows beside
and cross-mullion window above. Left bay and left bay of south west
front gabled with 2-storey canted bay window, vent slit to gable.
Centre bay of south west front has arched door and cross-mullion window
above. Right bay with 3-light windows. All windows to Scott block are
stone mullioned and transomed type. Coped gables. Diagonal flues to
stacks, 4 to stack between left bays of south east front, 2 flues to
one at left of south west front. Further stack to C17 bay. Interior:
C16 right hand bay has arch braced roof trusses in 4 bays. Left hand
timber-framed bay queen strut trusses. Scott roof has collar inscribed
'Robert Rose, Builder, Haddenham 1867'.
Listing NGR: SP7554607862
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings