This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7634 / 51°45'48"N
Longitude: -0.9046 / 0°54'16"W
OS Eastings: 475694
OS Northings: 207756
OS Grid: SP756077
Mapcode National: GBR C22.D4G
Mapcode Global: VHDV9.8YN2
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332901
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42955
Location: Aston Sandford, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Aston Sandford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Aston Sandford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NE ASTON SANDFORD ASTON SANDFORD
7/17 The Old Rectory
House, former rectory. 1836 by M. Habershon, perhaps incorporating
C18 work. Rubblestone with dressings. Brick quoins and dressings
to west elevation. Witchert service range to north. Old tile roofs.
2 storeys. South front of 3 bays, the left one gabled and slightly
projecting. Entrance in arched porch to east front of 3 bays, south
one gabled and projecting. Porch to centre then simpler bay. South
range and porch have moulded parapet base strings and weathered
copings to parapet. South front has canted bay window to left bay
with tripartite sash to first floor and blank shield in gable.
Sashes to other 2 bays. Chamfers to window jambs and heads. Side
elevations have sashes. Projecting stack to east gable with moulded base
and head bands. Also stack between left hand bays on south front.
Witchert bays rendered. Modern infill at north east angle.
Listing NGR: SP7569407756
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings