This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7614 / 51°45'41"N
Longitude: -1.065 / 1°3'53"W
OS Eastings: 464627
OS Northings: 207384
OS Grid: SP646073
Mapcode National: GBR B0J.FL9
Mapcode Global: VHCXR.HZBL
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 43241
Location: Ickford, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Ickford
Built-Up Area: Ickford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ickford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 60 NW ICKFORD CHURCH ROAD
4/300 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now private house. C16, altered C17, C18 with early C19
west addition. Timber framed, but north wing and centre range largely
remodelled, north wing in rubblestone with brick dressings, remainder in
brick. C19 brick addition. Old tile roofs. Half-H plan with
crosswings, infilled between in early C19. 2 bays with 2 bay crosswings.
2 storeys with attics to crosswings. East or garden elevation.
Wings project,righthand wing has 2-light casement to ground and first
floor, 3-light leaded attic casement centre range has off-centre stack,
left-hand french doors and 2-light casements, 2-light dormer at right.
South wing upper floor timber-framed with plaster infill and tension
braces. Jetty underbuilt. Ground floor french door, first floor
2-light casement, 3-light leaded gable casement. South elevation has
C16 stone stack with brick upper part. West or entrance elevation brick,
north wing rubblestone with brick dressings. Casement windows, to
gable and upper floor of north wing 3-light leaded casements. C19
entrance block infill has stepped eaves. Centre door in modern gabled
porch. Interior. South wing has stone fireplaces of C16 with 4
centred arches and carved spandrels. Gilbert Sheldon, Archbishop of
Canterbury 1663-1667 was Rector 1636 to 1660.
RCHM I. 216. MON.2.
Listing NGR: SP6462607380
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings