History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Primitive Methodist Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Osleston and Thurvaston, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9089 / 52°54'31"N

Longitude: -1.6501 / 1°39'0"W

OS Eastings: 423631

OS Northings: 334661

OS Grid: SK236346

Mapcode National: GBR 5CH.PN0

Mapcode Global: WHCFS.M4GT

Entry Name: Primitive Methodist Chapel

Listing Date: 22 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1334555

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82626

Location: Osleston and Thurvaston, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE6

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Osleston and Thurvaston

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Sutton-on-the-Hill St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Trusley

Listing Text

SK 23 SW PARISH OF OSLESTON & THURVASTON COMMONPIECE
3/37 (North Side)
Primitive
Methodist
Chapel
II

Methodist chapel. 1838 with later additions. Red brick with
brick dressings and plain tile roof with terracotta ridge
finials and dentilled eaves band. Single storey and two bays
with later porch to south and lean-to to east. Central, late
C19, gabled porch with C20 double doors under a chamfered stone
lintel and to either side, semi-circular headed, tall metal
windows with small opening casements. Above the porch to the
centre is a small stone plaque inscribed 'Primitive Methodist
Chapel 1838'. To the rear elevation are two pointed Gothic
traceried metal windows. Attached to east the lean-to has a
plank door under a flat arched lintel with incised voussoirs.
Interior of the chapel has its original pews and pulpit.


Listing NGR: SK2363134661

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.