This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1405 / 53°8'25"N
Longitude: -1.8097 / 1°48'34"W
OS Eastings: 412828
OS Northings: 360389
OS Grid: SK128603
Mapcode National: GBR 477.59F
Mapcode Global: WHCDK.5BH8
Entry Name: Devonshire Arms Inn
Listing Date: 27 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1334899
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80560
Location: Hartington Town Quarter, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, SK17
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Hartington Town Quarter
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Hartington St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 12 60 PARISH OF HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER MARKET PLACE
12/130 (South Side)
Devonshire Arms Inn
Public house. Mid C19. Part rendered and part coursed squared gritstone.
Gritstone dressings and quoins. Plain tile roofs. Projecting plain eaves band.
Stone gable end and ridge stacks, those to eastern section with plain bands.
Stone coped gables with plain kneelers. T-plan, three bay, tall eastern section
with gabled cross wing, lower two storey western range of five bays. To east,
projecting cross wing has two glazing bar sashes in flush surrounds. To west,
moulded doorcase with flat hood over. Three glazing bar sashes above. Lower
range to west has two 2-light flush mullion windows with glazing bar sashes
flush doorcase with three glazing bar sashes beyond in flush surrounds.
in eastern section, three large glazing bar sashes. To west, large signboard
Above large signboard covering one window. To east, five glazing bar sashes
the two central ones being placed side by side.
Listing NGR: SK1282860389
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings