History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Little Hucklow, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3038 / 53°18'13"N

Longitude: -1.7549 / 1°45'17"W

OS Eastings: 416429

OS Northings: 378565

OS Grid: SK164785

Mapcode National: GBR JZ57.VD

Mapcode Global: WHCCT.07L2

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 12 July 1967

Last Amended: 12 October 1984

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1334904

English Heritage Legacy ID: 80702

Location: Little Hucklow, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, SK17

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

Civil Parish: Little Hucklow

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Bradwell St Barnabas

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Hucklow

Listing Text

SK 17 NE PARISH OF LITTLE HUCKLOW TOWNGATE
3/88 (West Side)
12-7-67 The Manor House (formerly
listed 'The Old Hall')
II*

House, 1661 with later addition. Rendered stone with gritstone dressings and
quoins. Stone slate roof with occasional glass slates to southern pitch. Central
stone ridge stack and similar side wall stack to north. Two storey , two bay
building, with lobby entrance plan and semi-circular external newel staircase to
south, extended in C19 to north with single bay, single storey addition. East
gable wall has central 4-light, deeply recessed and ovolo moulded mullion window
with central major mullion and returned hoodmould over, stepped up in centre over
plaque inscribed 'AP 1661'. Above, 3-light, deeply recessed and ovolo moulded
mullion window with higher central light and stepped returned hoodmould over.
Original C17 diamond leaded lights to all except lower, southernmost light. South
elevation has central semi-circular external staircase with small diamond light
near base. To east blank wall, to west 3-light deeply recessed and ovolo moulded
mullion window with returned hoodmould over and similar window above. Upper window
has original C17 leaded lights. Doorcase, now rendered over, opposite staircase
on north elevation. Northern addition has doorcase with casement window either
side. Interior - lower room has moulded beam on stone corbels. Newel staircase
of stone to south. All windows ovolo moulded on interior as well.


Listing NGR: SK1642978565

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.