This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1446 / 53°8'40"N
Longitude: -1.6707 / 1°40'14"W
OS Eastings: 422124
OS Northings: 360882
OS Grid: SK221608
Mapcode National: GBR 58K.Y5M
Mapcode Global: WHCDM.97P2
Entry Name: Elton House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1335215
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80149
Location: Elton, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE4
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Elton
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Elton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 26 SW PARISH OF ELTON MOOR LANE
Elton House Farmhouse
Farmhouse. C17, with alterations in 1766 and 1818. Regularly coursed gritstone
with coped gables, kneelers, intermediate and end ridge stacks, coved eaves band
and stone slate roof. Two storeys four bays, generally with sashes, some with
glazing bars set into flush stone frames. Some C20 Windows. Single three-light
C18 flush-mullioned window at south end. Two doorways, that to centre with
massive surround and lintel dated 1818, that to south end with painted stone
surround and shallow flat hood. A blocked doorway at the south end has lintel
dated 1766, West (rear) elevation has several small two-light chamfer-mullioned
windows, some blocked, and a C17 single light opening also blocked. Interior.
One room panelled with C17 square oak panelling, incorporating decorated frieze
and panelled door with inscription 'HENRY KNIVETON IN THE YEAR 1665 THIS MADE'
Panelling thought to be relocated, but near contemporary with house.
Listing NGR: SK2212460882
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings