This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0234 / 53°1'24"N
Longitude: -1.4786 / 1°28'42"W
OS Eastings: 435072
OS Northings: 347467
OS Grid: SK350474
Mapcode National: GBR 6CP.K0C
Mapcode Global: WHDGF.885K
Entry Name: The Fountain
Listing Date: 13 December 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1335269
English Heritage Legacy ID: 78578
Location: Belper, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE56
District: Amber Valley
Civil Parish: Belper
Built-Up Area: Belper
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Belper St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 3547 3/139
1881. Polygonal white stone fountain erected to commemorate the paving of
the Market Place in 1881 by G Strutt. Gothic arched blind panels and polygonal
cap formerly carrying lamp. Two bronze lions heads each with small pink polished
granite bowl below on opposing faces.
Listing NGR: SK3507247467
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings