This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.008 / 53°0'28"N
Longitude: -1.3516 / 1°21'5"W
OS Eastings: 443603
OS Northings: 345830
OS Grid: SK436458
Mapcode National: GBR 7FD.F3F
Mapcode Global: WHDGH.6NMB
Entry Name: Donavon Monument to North of Cemetary Chapel at Marlpool Cemetery
Listing Date: 25 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1335371
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79074
Location: Heanor and Loscoe, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE75
District: Amber Valley
Civil Parish: Heanor and Loscoe
Built-Up Area: Heanor
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Marlpool All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 44 NW, 6/31,
HEANOR AND LOSCOE,
LOCKTON AVENUE, Heanor (south side)
Donavon Monument to north of cemetery chapel at Marlpool Cemetery
Monument. c1864, restored 1927. Stone. Approximately 8 feet high, square in
plan. Stepped plain base, monument with semi-circular headed niche to each side
flanked by clasping Ionic columns, on moulded plinth with bases of columns slightly
projecting. Above an elaborate entablature with honeysuckle decoration to frieze,
and fluted urn finial to top. Niche to south side has polished granite plaque
inscribed 'In memory of Lardner Dionysisus Donavon who died August 22 1864.
Aged 35 years. He went about doing good'. That to north records 'This monument
was erected by public subscription as a token of gratitude towards and of esteem
for Dr Donavon and in recognition of his unwearying attention and kindness towards
the suffering poor and of the faithful discharge of all his professional duties'.
Listing NGR: SK4360345830
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings