History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Broomhill Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Brackenfield, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1244 / 53°7'27"N

Longitude: -1.4378 / 1°26'16"W

OS Eastings: 437717

OS Northings: 358731

OS Grid: SK377587

Mapcode National: GBR 6BL.39G

Mapcode Global: WHDFV.WQHM

Entry Name: Broomhill Farmhouse

Listing Date: 31 January 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1335465

English Heritage Legacy ID: 79393

Location: Brackenfield, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE55

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Brackenfield

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Brackenfield Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Stretton

Listing Text

SK 35 NE PARISH OF BRACKENFIEID BUTTERFIELD LANE
4/5 (East Side)
31-1-67 Broomhill Farmhouse
II


Farmhouse, 1608 or 1698, 1834 addition, 1894. Coursed sandstone rubble except
ashlar front to 1834 addition. Gritstone dressings and quoins. Steeply
pitched stone slate roof, Moulded stone copings and kneelers to gables.
Large central stone ridge stack and stone gable end stack to north. Continuous
moulded stringcourses to first and second storeys, that to first stepped up
over doorcase, T plan, three storeys, three bays with two storey single bay
1834 addition. Central, flush quoined doorcase, moulded inner edge, now partly
filled by C20 fixed pane window. To either side, 2-light recessed and chamfered
mullion windows with C20 metal casements. Over door, plaque inscribed with large
T and 'WG ES 1894'. Above, two similar windows to those below with similar single
light window between. Three similar windows to eaves above. Central window
blocked. To north, addition has flush doorcase with datestone over inscribed
'HM 1834'. Beyond, 2-light flush mullion window. Similar over. East gable
wall has plaque inscribed 'CWM 1608/or 1698'. To rear, large three storey stair
turret with stepped recessed and chamfered mullion windows. Interior much
altered.


Listing NGR: SK3771758731

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.