This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2426 / 51°14'33"N
Longitude: 1.1237 / 1°7'25"E
OS Eastings: 618121
OS Northings: 153908
OS Grid: TR181539
Mapcode National: GBR TYQ.2WL
Mapcode Global: VHLGV.F1D7
Entry Name: Bridge Place
Listing Date: 29 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1336506
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171008
Location: Bridge, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
Civil Parish: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Bridge
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 BRIDGE BOURNE PARK ROAD
TR 1853 22/163 29.9.52
TR 15 SE 13/163
L-shaped building which is all that remains of a large mansion built by Sir
Arnold Braems in the late C17, the remainder having been demolished by John Taylor
of Bifrons, Patrixbourne, between 1704 and 1729. Red brick. Brick pilasters
flank each window bay. Bracketed wood eaves cornice. Brick stringcourse.
Steeply-pitched hipped tiled roof. The north or entrance front has 2 and a
half storeys. Two hipped dormers. Modern porch. Five windows, irregular,
with mostly casements with wooden mullions and transoms, some small square
leaded panes but two bung sash windows with glazing bars. Some of the windows
at the east end are dummies and were probably blocked when sash windows were
inserted in the east front. Rusticated stone doorway with keystone in modern
porch. The east front has 2 storeys, attic and basement. Four windows and
2 hipped dormers, windows having glazing bars and hung sashes. The interior
has unusual carved cornices in two rooms and two painted stone fireplaces.
Listing NGR: TR1812153908
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings