History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Farm Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Lamberhurst, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1282 / 51°7'41"N

Longitude: 0.3658 / 0°21'56"E

OS Eastings: 565642

OS Northings: 139206

OS Grid: TQ656392

Mapcode National: GBR NRF.98T

Mapcode Global: VHJMX.9X80

Entry Name: Old Farm Farmhouse

Listing Date: 10 October 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1336676

English Heritage Legacy ID: 170026

Location: Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Lamberhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Lamberhurst St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Matfield

Listing Text

LAMBERHURST LAMBERHURST QUARTER
TQ 63 NE
3/189 Old Farm Farmhouse (also
known as Dunks Farmhouse)
GV II

House. C16, extended early C17 and clad C17-C18, with late C20 wing. Timber framed
on sandstone base and clad with red brick, in English bond to rear wing, and tile
hung on first floor, extended with red brick and tile hanging. Plain tiled roofs.
Main elevation of two storeys and basement on plinth with corbelled string
course to first floor. Roof with oversailing hip-end of rear wing to right and large
moulded and filleted stack cluster to end left. Four wooden and metal casements on
first floor of 1, 3, 2 and 3 lights and single light and two 3 light casements on
ground floor, with 3 light wooden casement to right in outshot. Door of 6 moulded
panels to centre right with rectangular fanlight in porch rebuilt C19 with moulded
bargeboards. The base of the porch is inscribed:
W H 1606
Stone mullioned basement opening to right. This front originally extended at least 1
bay to the left (internal evidence of fireplaces in left face of stack). Rear right
wing with English bond brick base, rebuilt over C19. Also 2 storeys with stack to
right, and large freestanding stack to rear right elevation of English band brick,
with stepped gables with pendant and finial enrichment and with 3 octagonal flues,
flanked by moulded stone mullioned windows. late C20 2 storey wing to rear.
Interior: rear wing with tenoned purlin roof with windbraces, some ogee in form;
main range with deeper clasped purlin roof with wind braces and diminished
principals and arched braced beans. Inglenooks in both ranges, that to main stack
in front range very large, with bread ovens in right hand outshot. Stop chamfered
beams throughout, many with classical scroll enrichment. Brick lined cellars.


Listing NGR: TQ6564239206

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.