History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church House st Johns House terrys Diy Shop

A Grade II Listed Building in Tendring, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8047 / 51°48'17"N

Longitude: 1.1556 / 1°9'20"E

OS Eastings: 617652

OS Northings: 216497

OS Grid: TM176164

Mapcode National: GBR TQS.YSQ

Mapcode Global: VHLCY.ZW9W

Entry Name: Church House st Johns House terrys Diy Shop

Listing Date: 26 October 1973

Last Amended: 4 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1337152

English Heritage Legacy ID: 119885

Location: Tendring, Essex, CO15

County: Essex

District: Tendring

Town: Tendring

Electoral Ward/Division: St Marys

Built-Up Area: Clacton-on-Sea

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Great Clacton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Little Clacton

Listing Text

CLACTON-ON-SEA ST. JOHN'S ROAD,
TM 1716
GREAT CLACTON
(north side)
13/25 Nos. 2, 4 and 6, Church
House, St. John's House
26.10.73s
and Terrys D.I.Y. Shop.
(Formerly listed as
Church House, St.
John's House and
Revell's Stores)
GV II
House, now shops to right and left of a central restaurant. C18 with later
plastered brick facade. Hipped grey slate roof. Left and right red brick
chimney s.cacks. 3 storeys. 5 window range of small paned vertically sliding
sashes to first and second floors. Ground floor left to right, C20 glazed shop
front with recessed door. Central square porch with fluted columns and
pilasters, metopes and triglyphs to frieze, dentilled cornice, C20 glazed door,
right and left windows similar to other floors. Right porch with fluted columns
metopes and triglyphs to frieze, flat canopy. Frieze and 5 segmental headed
lights to flat headed shop bay.


Listing NGR: TM1765216497

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.