This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.779 / 51°46'44"N
Longitude: 0.1954 / 0°11'43"E
OS Eastings: 551551
OS Northings: 211204
OS Grid: TL515112
Mapcode National: GBR MFY.G6S
Mapcode Global: VHHM8.BKP2
Entry Name: Little Brewers
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337196
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118189
Location: Matching, Epping Forest, Essex, CM17
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Matching
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Matching
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 51 SW MATCHING MATCHING TYE
3/51 Little Brewers
House, late c16, altered in C18, extended in C20. Timber framed,
plastered, roofed with red clay tiles. 3 bays aligned N-S, aspect W, with
chimney stack in NE of middle bay, forming a lobby entrance. 2 storey porch
extension to W of middle bay, C20, 2 storey extension to E. of N bay, forming
an L plan, C20, 2 storey extension to S, 1977. 2 storeys. Ground floor, plain
boarded door, 3 C20 casement windows. First floor, 4 C20 casements windows.
Roof of shallow pitch, hipped at both ends. Framing partly exposed internally.
Unglazed windows with 3 diamond mullions at upper floor at each end of original
building, now enclosed by C20 extensions. Another on ground floor in E wall of
middle bay. Heavy studding to a height of approx. 2.75 metres with some
original wattle and daub infill, ends originally half-hipped. Walls raised by
approx. 1.5 metres in C18 with lighter studding, and weatherboarded. Aperture
cut in studding to W of chimney stack for external bread over, C18, later
demolished. Original internal tiebeams removed. Converted to 3 tenements in
early C19, and recorded in that form in the tithe award of 1843 (Essex Record
Office D/CT 236 Plot 256), later recombined to form one house.
Listing NGR: TL5155111204
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings