This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7212 / 51°43'16"N
Longitude: 0.1328 / 0°7'58"E
OS Eastings: 547417
OS Northings: 204654
OS Grid: TL474046
Mapcode National: GBR LF9.4D9
Mapcode Global: VHHMF.8Z1W
Entry Name: Weald Place
Listing Date: 20 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337199
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118199
Location: North Weald Bassett, Epping Forest, Essex, CM16
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: North Weald Bassett
Built-Up Area: Thornwood Common
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: North Weald St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 40 SW NORTH WEALD BASSETT DUCK LANE
6/3 Weald Place
House, mid-C18, altered in C19 and C20. Red brick, Flemish bond, slate roof.
Square plan, aspect W. Rear wing, C19. Single storey bakehouse at NE corner,
with end stack roofed with handmade red clay tiles, and lean-to extension
beyond, roofed with C19 red pantiles. Conservatories to S and SE. 2 storeys,
basement and attics. 6 stone steps to central 6-panel door, doorcase with
wooden engaged Doric columns and open pediment, fanlight with radial tracery
and garlands. 4 basement windows under segmental arches, 2 blocked. C18
double-hung sash windows of 12 lights under flat arches of gauged brickwork,
2 each side of door, 5 on first floor. String course above upper windows.
Parapet with stone coping. 3 flat-roofed dormers in hipped roof. S elevation,
scattered fenestration including early C19 bow double-hung sash window of 24
lights. Original stair with pine rail and 2 turned balusters to each step.
Listing NGR: TL4741704654
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings