This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7592 / 51°45'33"N
Longitude: 0.3066 / 0°18'23"E
OS Eastings: 559288
OS Northings: 209245
OS Grid: TL592092
Mapcode National: GBR NHM.LCD
Mapcode Global: VHHMJ.81FP
Entry Name: Barn to West of Elms Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 June 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118325
Location: Abbess Beauchamp and Berners Roding, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Abbess Beauchamp and Berners R
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Willingale St Christopher with Shellow and Berners Roding
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 50 NE ABBESS, BERNERS AND
5/16 Barn to W of Elms
Barn. Mid C17 5 bays with massive and well wrought timber frame and half hipped
corrugated iron roofs. Aisled on N side, the S has a central jettied gabled
midstrey with pigeon holes and cote within and lean-to's. Elegantly jowled
and chamfered posts, halved and bladed scarf joints, arched bracing and broad
triple pegged straight raking struts supporting the wind braced side purlins.
The interior is inscribed with numerous dated initials and midstrey front post
with the date '1694' relating to this later addition. Early C19 cart shed with
gabled pantile roof attached to E end of barn.
Listing NGR: TL5928809245
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings