This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6453 / 51°38'43"N
Longitude: 0.1343 / 0°8'3"E
OS Eastings: 547771
OS Northings: 196210
OS Grid: TQ477962
Mapcode National: GBR QQ.VZS
Mapcode Global: VHHMT.8XW3
Entry Name: Lambourne Hall
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337280
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118659
Location: Lambourne, Epping Forest, Essex, RM4
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Lambourne
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Lambourne with Abridge
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 4696-4796 LAMBOURNE CHURCH LANE,
7/15 Lambourne Hall
Manor house, mid to late C16, extended in C18 and C20. Timber framed,
plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 5 bays, aligned approx. NE-SW)
aspect SE, with 2 rear chimney stacks. Parallel range to rear, C18, and single-
storey lean-to extension beyond that. NE crosswing 1937. Single-storey SW
extension, C18/19 and lean-to extension with slate roof in angle. 2 storeys
with attics. 6-panel flush door in plain Doric porch, C18, all windows C20. 3
hipped dormers. Some framing exposed internally. The present front range
comprises a 3-bay storeyed 'hall', with 2-bay parlour/solar to NE. The original
service end has gone. Plain C16 panelling at the SW end of the 'hall', axial
beam, plain-chamfered joists with step stops, carved doorhead of Tudor arcature
at N corner leading into parlour, now blocked by inserted stair, original wide
hearth with brickwork substantially replaced at ground floor level. In parlour,
axial beam with roll mouldings and converging stops, joists with double ogee
mouldings Overmantel in parlour and panelling in rear room next to it introduced
from Marks Hall, COggeshall (demolished 1950) with some reproduction panelling.
Roof structure not exposed. Original plain stair in rear range. Panelling and a
carved stone fire surround removed from this house in 1917 are now in the Tudor
and Stuart Room of the Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight. RCHM 3.
Listing NGR: TQ4777196210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings