This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.751 / 51°45'3"N
Longitude: 0.5982 / 0°35'53"E
OS Eastings: 579441
OS Northings: 209000
OS Grid: TL794090
Mapcode National: GBR QLV.223
Mapcode Global: VHJK4.B821
Entry Name: Rushes Lock and Lock Gates
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119169
Location: Woodham Walter, Maldon, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Woodham Walter
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Woodham Walter
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 70 NE WOODHAM WALTER OFF LITTLE LONDON LANE
2/195 Rushes Lock and Lock
Gates, Chelmer and
Lock and lock gates. Circa 1797. Chief Engineer John Rennie, work supervised
by Richard Coates. Red brick in English bond with large granite coping stones
and quoins. The wooden gates with cast iron ties and winding gear. Circular
cast iron bollards to tow paths. Part of the original navigation complex, see
Langford Lock qv. 3/6.
Listing NGR: TL7944109000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings