History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Ferry Boat Inn

A Grade II Listed Building in North Fambridge, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6406 / 51°38'26"N

Longitude: 0.6756 / 0°40'32"E

OS Eastings: 585233

OS Northings: 196927

OS Grid: TQ852969

Mapcode National: GBR QN9.3M5

Mapcode Global: VHJKR.N1J3

Entry Name: The Ferry Boat Inn

Listing Date: 30 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1337446

English Heritage Legacy ID: 117408

Location: North Fambridge, Maldon, Essex, CM3

County: Essex

District: Maldon

Civil Parish: North Fambridge

Built-Up Area: North Fambridge

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: North Fambridge Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Latchingdon and Snoreham

Listing Text

NORTH FAMBRIDGE FERRY ROAD
TQ 89 NE
(east side)
5/73 The Ferry Boat Inn
GV II

House, now public house. C18, altered in C19. Timber framed, weatherboarded,
roofed with handmade red clay tiles and slates. 3 bays facing W, with an
external stack at each end. 2 storeys. One-bay extension to left, with gambrel
roof, of one storey with attic. Mid-C19 wing extending forwards from the
junction, with external stack at left side, of 2 storeys. C20 flat-roofed
single-storey extensions in left front angle and behind main range. Ground
floor, one C20 casement, one splayed bay of C20 casements, 2 late C19 tripartite
sashes. First floor, 2 late C19 tripartite sashes and one sash. Half-glazed
door at front of lean-to porch. The roof of the front wing only is slated.
Stone slab floor in bar to left of entrance. Shown as Ferry Farm, with 50
acres, in the tithe award of 1840 (Essex Record Office D/CT 133), and as the
Ferry Boat Public House in the Ordnance Survey map of 1873, by which date it had
largely achieved its present form.


Listing NGR: TQ8523396927

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.