This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6941 / 51°41'38"N
Longitude: 0.067 / 0°4'1"E
OS Eastings: 542962
OS Northings: 201504
OS Grid: TL429015
Mapcode National: GBR LFD.RRY
Mapcode Global: VHHML.3PS5
Entry Name: North Pavilion and South Pavilion, Copt Hall
Listing Date: 22 March 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337471
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117705
Location: Waltham Abbey, Epping Forest, Essex, CM16
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Waltham Abbey
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Upshire St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
North Pavilion and
TL 40 SW 7/192
TL 40 SW 7/193
1895 by C E Kempe, who at the same time remodelled and enlarged Copt Hall for
E J Wythes.
Stone casings, brick linings. Square plans with domed roofs in Baroque style.
West fronts have attached Roman Ionic columns framing Venetian windows with
balustrades above shell arched niches with broken pediments on consoles. Round
headed dormer windows in stone surrounds with pediments. South side elevation
of North Pavilion has archway framed by caryatides. North side elevation of
South Pavilion has similar archway framed by atlantides. Included partly for
North and South Pavilions form part of a group with Copt Hall, listed in
Epping & Ongar Rural District.
Listing NGR: TL4296201504
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings