This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7447 / 51°44'40"N
Longitude: 0.1827 / 0°10'57"E
OS Eastings: 550789
OS Northings: 207362
OS Grid: TL507073
Mapcode National: GBR MG9.K11
Mapcode Global: VHHMG.3DYW
Entry Name: The Green Man Public House
Listing Date: 19 May 1975
Last Amended: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118108
Location: Magdalen Laver, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Magdalen Laver
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: High Laver with Magdalene Laver and Little Laver
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 508 073 MAGDALEN LAVER The Green Man Public House
5/28 (formerly listed as the
19.5.75 Green Man Inn)
House, C17, converted to public house. Timber framed, pargetted with various
designs in panels with weatherboarded dado, roofed with handmade red clay tiles.
4 bays aligned approx. E-l4, aspect N, with axial chimney stack on second bay
from E, external chimney stack on W gable end. Single storey building with
pitched roof at E end, joined to main building. Single storey extension in
middle of front elevation, with hipped roof. Rear extension forming a T plan,
C20. Single storey with attics. 2 glazed doors, of which one is at the front
of a tiled gabled porch. 3 double-hung sash windows, C20. 2 gabled dormers
with C20 casement windows.
Listing NGR: TL5078907362
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings