History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Group of 15 Tomb Chests, Comprising All Those to Masham and Cleeve Families in All Saints' Churchyard, to East and North East of Chancel

A Grade II Listed Building in High Laver, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7557 / 51°45'20"N

Longitude: 0.212 / 0°12'43"E

OS Eastings: 552770

OS Northings: 208654

OS Grid: TL527086

Mapcode National: GBR MG5.SJ2

Mapcode Global: VHHMG.M4FC

Entry Name: Group of 15 Tomb Chests, Comprising All Those to Masham and Cleeve Families in All Saints' Churchyard, to East and North East of Chancel

Listing Date: 26 April 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1337580

English Heritage Legacy ID: 118087

Location: High Laver, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest

Civil Parish: High Laver

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: High Laver with Magdalene Laver and Little Laver

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Harlow

Listing Text

TL 521 091 HIGH LAVER Group of 15 tomb-chests,
5/17 comprising all those to
Masham & Cleeve families
in All Saints' Churchyard,
to E and NE of chancel

GV II

Group of 15 tomb-chests E and NE of the chancel of the parish church, all of
members of the Masham family of the manor of Otes and the Cleeve family, 1733 to
1852. 9 with stone slabs and brick bases, of which one has cast iron railings
set in the slab. 6 others wholly of stone. One in the NW corner of the group
has the slab broken and repaired with iron. All enclosed by a post and rail
fence. Inscriptions obscured by lichen, mostly legible. They have been
transcribed in full, and the relationships explained, by David Dixon of Moreton,
copy in Essex Record Office, Acc. 1997.


Listing NGR: TL5277008654

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.